Saturday, September 21, 2013

Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.

I know some of you are going to be like "She's a Beauty Blogger, what is she doing recommending a book!?". I really couldn't help myself.
I am not going to preach to you about the importance of reading, because being honest, although I enjoy reading from time to time, I don't read nearly enough. It is simply because I do not make the time. I say "I don't make the time" because the excuse "I don't have the time" is just that, an excuse.
Before I started blogging, I genuinely thought the written word was dead. With all this modern technology, we no longer write letters and books? Books can be downloaded - It's just not the same. I, myself have not and will not cave. I do not own a kindle. Yes, they are handy for travelling, they are lightweight and compact but for me, personally, I love the feeling of holding a book in my hands. Turning the pages, that "new book smell", is there anything quite as satisfying as breaking the spine of a new book? (My sister would absolutely kill me if she read this).

Anyway, less of the rambling and back to the point at hand. I recently finished reading "The Fault in our Stars" by John Green. You may know him as one of the VlogBrothers from YouTube. The book was recommended to me by my sister, an avid reader. Now I, in turn am passing on the recommendation to you. If you, like me, are a sucker for romance - You will absolutely LOVE it! It is the most beautiful story, flawlessly written. I won't ruin it for you by giving away the plot. What I will say is that it is all consuming, I was so drawn in by the story line. I became so emotionally attached to the characters that it took me a solid two solid months to go back and finish reading the last three chapters.
Sad? Yes, maybe. That is what I love about it though, this book takes you to another world, makes you feel as though you are a part of it all. 


If you are not "a reader", I urge you to go out and buy it, borrow it or download if you must. I promise you, you will not regret it, you may even find that you enjoy reading as a result of it. I really cannot speak highly enough about this book, it hasn't been in The New York Times Best Sellers List for 46 weeks for no reason!!

2 comments:

Kat said...

I love books that do that, draw you in and take you off to another world. I'm still not over finishing the Harry Potter series. Sounds like this book is right up my street!
Kat | DollyRouge

Unknown said...

I was the exact same, I had to reread them when the movies came out though. I absolutely love it. It's nice to escape reality every once in a while! I can't decide on what to read next though..

Blogger Template by pipdig