Thursday, December 26, 2013

MUA Undress your skin Foundation | Review


Hello Lovelies,

I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and Santa brought you all you wished for. He was very kind this year and brought loads of goodies including the Naked 3 palette from Urban Decay. He had to traipse the streets of London including about a dozen Debenhams stores, eventually picking it up in Westfields, London - I must have been a very good girl this year ;) 

Today I come to you with a review of a foundation that I have fallen for. Head over heels. In LOVE. It is from MUA or Makeup Academy, a brand that I have known about for a while but never bothered to try out myself until recently. I took the plunge and made a sneaky order both for myself and I also picked up a few stocking stuffers for my two younger sisters. MUA is cheap, ridiculously cheap. I filled my basket with bits (17 things to be precise) and including delivery priced at €5.92 it totaled €50.49. Not bad eh? 

Anyway the foundation itself is from their 'Undress Your Skin' range. Double points for anyone who can tell me what they are duping here!? 
Thats right.. Its the Urban Decay 'Naked' Collection. 

What it claims:  

"Covers imperfections and blemishes whilst maintaining your skins natural glow with light-diffusing particles of shimmer that creates instant radiance."

What you get: 

A lightweight, medium coverage foundation that leaves you with a really subtle, healthy glow. When I heard 'shimmer' I was a bit put off as I know from experience a lot of the "drugstore"/ chemist brands tend to take 'shimmer' to the extreme and you can end up looking like a disco ball. Not the case with this foundation at all. It really is light-diffusing.




 I have tried the UD Naked Skin BB myself and found that like a lot of other BB creams it clung onto the dry patches on my face. This is not the case here, it glides over the dry skin and does not flake away throughout the day either. As for oily skin? Shimmer? I know its not normally recommended and that a matte finish tends to suit oily skin better. Well if you follow me on twitter you will know that of late, I don't know how or why but my normally uber dry skin is quite oily in places. My T-zone, my forehead in particular. I just pat on some of my Maybelline 'Fit Me' pressed powder and it does not budge. 

It is normally priced at €5.98 but is actually on offer at the moment for €3.59 and is available here . How do I know this? I may or may not be in the process of placing another order. You do need to take shipping at almost €6 into consideration when ordering, however realistically it still works out cheaper than a lot of your chemist brands like Maybelline and L'oreal and a damn sight cheaper than the "REAL DEAL".

The packaging isn't anything to write home about, it comes in a basic squeezy tube, its stripped back to save on costs with isn't a bad thing as those savings are then passed onto you. And you don't have to pay €5 for a pump for a bottle of foundation you just paid €30 either - added bonus!


My one and only qualm, if you'd even call it that is the lack of shades, it comes in 3. Porcelain, Beige and Golden. I picked up the shade 'Beige' and it is perfect for me when I'm without fake tan. I was in complete shock as I can only imagine how light porcelain is if I'm Beige. So its not even a complaint on my part, its about time the fair skinned ladies were seen after if you ask me! 

Also I'd like to mention the speedy shipping. I received my order in 4 working days, which I might add is a hell of a lot quicker than other companies I have ordered from in the past especially considering they are coming from the UK.

Anyway ladies, dinner is calling. The one and only time you won't hear me complaining about leftovers. I hope you all have a great St. Stephens night and if you're headed out don't forget your jacket and your brolli and your rain poncho and your wellies its meant to be a bad one! 

Have you tried any MUA products before? 






No comments:

Blogger Template by pipdig