Wednesday, December 4, 2013

November Favourites

Is it just me or has November just flown? It seems are though I've blinked and it gone. I can't really say I'm complaining though as my November/ Pre-Christmas spending ban finished on Sunday meaning I'm free to go absolutely nuts with my card again - YAY! 

I have been itching to burn some serious plastic over the past few weeks but I've held off. As a result I managed to save a few penny's to splash out over the festive season AND it has forced me to work with some long forgotten treasures. Tonight's post, if you haven't already guessed is a look into some of the bits I've been LOVING throughout the month of November.


NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in 354 'Apple blossom' - €2.49

I picked this up months ago and I'd say I took it out of the packet, tried it on and forgot about it. Well on doing my clear out a few weeks ago I came across it again and I literally have not looked back since. I've received loads of complements while wearing it, it just adds a sheer pop of colour so it's nice for everyday. It smells (and tastes) Ah-mazing! I think I've probably eaten about as much of it as I have actually worn. I know you're thinking "But it's a lip balm and she said not to wear them!?" Yes, she did say that. However, if you are a lipstick wearer normally you'll know lipstick in general can be quite drying so why not wear this one a glossy alternative? 



Neal's Yard Bee Lovely Hand Cream - €12 approx.

A lot of people won't like this hand cream as it is a little oily. I don't mind it at all. I work in an office and spend quite a lot of the time on calls so I have plenty time for it to soak it and work it's magic. During the winter months my skin gets quite dry - my hands especially so I like to keep a tube of cream with me at all times. The one I normally use is The Body Shops hemp hand cream but I ran out and due to my spending ban I rediscovered this little beauty. Imagine you're just after peeling an orange - thats exactly what it smells like, minus the sticky fingers. I know some people find it quite strong but I personally find the smell uplifting especially with the cold weather. It's like a mini pick me up. 



L'oreal Extraordinary Oil - €15 approx

Hair Oil's are something I have always had a bit of a love/hate relationship with. I either put on too much and it looks like I haven't washed my hair at all or I don't use enough and it does nothing. This stuff I picked up after trying a freebie sachet from a magazine simply because it smelled so good. I fell deeply in love with it almost instantly. I have quite long hair - its about halfway down my back and I use 2 pumps of this and my hair is completely transformed. Its quite dry naturally so this adds a nice bit of shine to it, it is also in dire need of a cut but I don't have a lot of free time at the moment,this does the trick as a quick fix for my brutal split ends too. Perfect!



CND Solar Oil - €10 approx.

I've said it before and I will say it again. Solar Oil is the only cuticle oil worth talking about. It contains Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E which penetrate into your nails to nourish and re-hydrate. This stuff has literally been a life saver over the past month. My nails lacked attention last month and as a result they were brittle and breaking. This gave them the lift they needed and they are back fighting fit again. Ask your nail tech, she SHOULD stock it!



Sleek Blush in 'Flushed' €5.49
Since A/W '13 hit I have become increasingly obsessed - Yes OBSESSED with this shade. Its a real deep berry colour and admittedly looks quite scary as it is really pigmented. A light sweep of this paired with a deep berry or Bordeaux lip and you're good to go. It is the only blush I have used all month. Definitely one of my staples for the festive season! 

If you're interested in seeing my thoughts on some of the other Sleek blushes. I have reviewed them here.

This brings me on nicely to my final favourite of the month..


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 'Black Cherry' - €10.70

If you have "liked" Give A Posy on Facebook you'll know I've been harping on about how amazing this lipstick is. It's a dupe for MAC's 'Rebel'. While I bit the bullet and picked it up in Boots in October. To say it surpassed my expectations is an understatement. It's quite daring but not at all hard to pull off - as long as you keep your eyes pretty neutral that it. The packaging is a little cheapy in comparison to other "drug store" brands but don't let that put you off. It's a real gem!

So there you have it, just a little insight into the beauty bits I have been loving throughout the month of November. What did you think? Should I make it a regular thing?

 If there is anything you want reviewed in more detail please don't hesitate to ask. 

No comments:

Blogger Template by pipdig