Thursday, March 6, 2014

My Spring Beauty Must-haves:


Since it's officially Spring, I thought I'd share a few of my Spring Beauty Must haves with you all! Now is the perfect time to start prepping your skin for the warmer months. Lets face it, everything from our chins down have been hibernating since last October - its no surprise that we're in need of a little TLC!

If and when Ireland gets to see some sunshine, our skin needs to be prepared. Ingrown hairs are the bane of every woman's life, especially if you're looking to get your pins out. I cannot recommend investing in some waxperts ingrown hair pads enough. They gently and painlessly remove those nasty ingrown hairs and are also great for treating Keratosis Pilaris (those annoying red bumps on your upper arms) so you can confidently show a lil skin during the warmer months.

They are priced at €7.99 for 40 pads and are available here.

Once you have treated any ingrown hairs, you need to scrub away any dull, dead skin. I always advise doing a good full body scrub once a week. This will help prevent any recurrence of ingrown hairs and provides the perfect canvas if you're faking it this summer. I recommend using the Cocoa Brown 'Tough Stuff' Scrub. I have raved about it before so I won't bore you by gushing about it all over again. If you missed my review of it, you can have a read of it here.

It is priced at €7 and is available in all Penneys stores and if you're lucky you'll find it in your local chemist.

It is a well know fact at this stage that I'm a bit of a hand cream fanatic however it is not just my hands I moisturize fanatically. I used to suffer from Eczema as a child and as a result it has been ingrained in me from an early age to moisturize religiously. My go-to moisturiser is the Garnier Intensive 7-day daily body lotion with Shea Butter. It's cheap, widely available and most importantly - it works. I apply it daily, twice daily if i'm being very good, it soaks in quickly and leaves my skin feeling silky smooth.

It is priced at approximately €5 and is available in pharmacies and supermarkets everywhere.

Once you've scrubbed and polished its time to add a little faux glow. My fake tan of choice for Spring is Karora's Golden Girl gradual tan in light/medium. I get so many compliments while wearing this tan. It just adds a light, natural and healthy glow to the skin. I always apply this if I'm not feeling my best, life is always better with a tan. It smells so citrusy and fresh and I actually think I may have mastered gradual tan application with it - it NEVER streaks!!

It is priced at €17.99 and is available here.

I am one of those people who has a fragrance for every occasion. Day time, night time etc. etc. My Spring time fragrance favourite is Roger and Gallet's 'Rose Imaginaire'.  It is fruity, florally but with thanks to the woody undertones it's not a sickly sweet smell. To think this scent was created without the use of any actual roses is pretty incredible. I've been dying to drag it out again with months!!  

It's is priced at €39.95 for 100mls and available from all good pharmacies nationwide.

Finally.. Something we are all guilty of is not taking enough care of our feet during the colder months. We tend to hide them away and almost forget they exist at all. There is nothing uglier than unkempt feet especially if you're parading around in flip flops. If I could recommend anything it would be to take yourself to a salon and treat yourself to a well deserved pedicure. Let's face it, they'll do a better job than we will ourselves, It also makes the homework a lot easier! 

Invest in a cuticle oil, I use CND Solar Oil myself and it is the best thing since sliced bread as far as I'm concerned. It freshens up your you mani/pedi instantaneously and provides your nails with some much needed moisture and nutrition. (if your Nail Tech is worth her salt she'll stock it)

Pastels are everywhere this season, this includes fingers and toes! Finish up your beauty spring clean with 2 coats of your favourite pastel polish! Pantone is bang on trend at the moment..  Try 'Molly coddled' by BUTTER London 


Here a few sample ideas for you all :)





So there you have it, just a few of my Spring Beauty Must-haves! What are yours?


No comments:

Blogger Template by pipdig