Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter | Review

Late last year I was toying with the idea of investing in the Elemis Pro-collagen cleansing balm, however the thought of spending €57 to find that I didn't like the end result and leaving me with a substantial hole in my pocket was off putting to say the least. 
Eager to try a cleansing balm I took to twitter and the recommendations flooded in. One in particular peaked my interest and it was from none other than The Body Shop. Affordable and from a brand I rate really highly. 
I picked it up shortly after and have been using it ever since. 



Basically it is a 'synthetic wax' balm designed to remove all traces of your makeup, everything - including waterproof mascara. It is semi-solid in the tin. You simply scoop out a teeny, tiny bit (a little goes a really long way), warm it in your hands, massage it into your face and watch your makeup melt away effortlessly without tugging at the skin.



It says you can apply it and just rinse it off. However due to the oily consistency I would recommend using a muslin cloth or like me, a cleanse off mitt to ensure no residue is left behind. Especially those of you with particularly oily skin, I think you're just asking for trouble and it may be advisable to use it as a pre-cleanse or to remove the heavy make up. 

I have dry skin primarily, my t-zone can get quite oily and I would go as far as saying it is acne prone. I did fear that using a cleansing balm would break my skin out more than normal but to my surprise and delight it hasn't, in fact I would go so far as to say it has had the opposite effect. I think my skin has improved since I started using it, down to the fact that it removes all remnants of my makeup. 

Camomile is known for its calming properties, and camomile tea is recommended for those who struggle to sleep. I think the same can be said about the scent of this cleanser. It is such a nice scent to prep your skin for bed; light, fresh and really relaxing. It is also quite soothing and great to use on sore/irritated skin. 

I have toyed again recently with trying a higher end balm but as the saying goes.. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! It is priced at €15, substantially cheaper than its higher end competitors. This cleansing butter has become a skincare staple for me, I have had it for the bones of 4 months and I'm not even half way through my tin (90mls). If that isn't value for money, I really don't know what is..

It is available from The Body Shop Nationwide or you can pick it up online here.

Have you tried any cleansing balms before? What do you think of them? 

2 comments:

Lilliwhiterose said...

I love The Body Shop Cleansing Balm have been using it since last year :) Would be lost without it, and it lasts for ages too. x

Unknown said...

Its such a gem of a product! Really getting into The Body Shop for skincare lately.. Really affordable and they do exactly as they promise, you can't ask for more than that! :) x

Blogger Template by pipdig