Saturday, September 20, 2014

Sigma Spa Brush Cleaning Glove | Review


I have lusted after the Sigma Spa Brush Cleaning Glove for as long as I can remember. I constantly complain about what a trek having to clean my makeup brushes is but for a long time, I just couldn't justify the splurge (€34 to be exact). So when I saw that Cloud10beauty were offering a 15% discount a while back, I bit the bullet and bought it.

Now don't get me wrong, a rough sponge or the palm of your hand works fine but when you're washing 40 odd brushes, to say it is a tedious task is an understatement (your hands end up looking like prunes too!). 

The silicone mitt is dual sided - one for face brushes, the other for eye brushes. With a variety of different textures; wash, rinse and refine, it is designed to give your brushes a deep clean in no time at all. 
*Excuse how dirty it looks - I just used it*
Does it work? Yes. It has literally halved my brush cleaning time. You simply wet your brushes as normal, apply a small amount of brush cleaning solution or if you're like me baby shampoo to your mitt and swirl your brushes around the mitt. 
The different grooves make it easier to clean down into the base of the bristles, removing any and all product build up whether it be foundation or gel liner. Once you've finished shampooing your brushes, give them a good rinse and set them aside to dry. Et voila, they are like new the next morning.

While it was pricey, I see it as an investment and it will last forever, a must in any MUA's beauty arsenal in my opinion, it really does make one of my most despised tasks just that little bit more bearable and will save your so much time. 

The Sigma glove is priced at €33.95 and is available here.

However, if you're not quite ready to commit to it, Soap and Glory have brought out a similar product. While being advertised as a massage glove, I have no doubt it would work just as well and is priced at a mere €11. It is available here. 



No comments:

Blogger Template by pipdig